The cold winter days are gone and finally we are back with our first hike of the year. It was a long time since we have seen each other, but we could not be more excited. If you are ready for a new adventure, come and join us on our hike to the famous Szalajka Valley!
The Szalajka Valley is perhaps one of the most attractive and best-known hiking destinations in the country, with Hungary’s steepest railway track without rack and pinion, with gradients of over 41% in places. 🚂
The most beautiful and most popular place of the Szalajka Valley is the 17-metre-high Fátyol waterfall, which has outstanding nature conservation value.
To add some more beuty, after the waterfall we will climb up to one of the highest peaks of the country, from where we will have an excellent panorama of the area. On the way to the top we will pass through an ancient cave called the Cave of the Standing Stone, where once cavemen actually lived.
And if it is still not enough we will crown the day with a typical hungarian lunch 🥘 and finish with summer bobsleighing. 🛷 It’s gonna be fun! 😁
What can you expect? 🤓
- Distance: 13 km
- Duration: 4 hours
- Elevation gain: 600 m
- 360 panorama on the top
- Forest Railway
- typical Hungarian cuisine (vegetarian option available!)
- decent hiking adventure
- summer bobsleighing (self-financed)
8:00 – Meeting at Puskás Ferenc Stadion Bus Station (look for the BAIS flag)
8:35 – 11:00 – Bus travel to Szilvásvárad
11:30 – 11:45 – Forest Train to Szalajka Valley
12:00 – 16:00 – Hiking time
16:00 – 17:00 – Lunch time
17:00 – 18:30 – Summer bobsleighing (optional, self-financed)
18:42 – 21:40 – Bus back to Budapest, Puskás Ferenc Stadium
Ticket: 14800 HUF
Ticket without lunch: 13000 HUF
PLEASE NOTE: 👇
- the hike distance is 13 km, with some steep parts however someone who regularly do sports can easily manage it
- April is always tricky, so bring some warm clothes or rain jacket, you never know what to expect
- we will have lunch quite late so bring some food or sandwiches if you have bigger hunger
- we very welcome any dogs on our trail but keep in mind that it might has an extra cost for the bus and the railway which is not included in the price
Get to know your hike leader, Greg 🙋♂️
Hello guys, I am a sport lover, especially football and tennis which I pursue from childhood, but apart from these I love hiking and currently I am doing KÉK Túra in multiple-day parts. I come from a sporty and quite active family, so I have explored some of Hungary’s best hiking places. I graduated in Tourism and Hospitality at Corvinus and am doing my Masters there. Apart from that I am part of the UEFA Europa League Final organizing team.
Can’t wait to see you all!🤗