Terms and Conditions
When you join any of our events/activities organized by BAIS and Budapest Hikers teams (“the organizers” from here on) you must read and understand the following Terms and Conditions:
By joining a BAIS and Budapest Hikers event, you acknowledge that the Budapest Association for International Sports (Budapesti Egyesület a Nemzetközi Sportért, 1094 Budapest, FERENC TÉR 2-3. VII 2. door) stores and transfers your personal data to OTP Mobil Kft. (1093 Budapest, Közraktár u. 30-32.) as data processor. The following data will be transferred: name, company name, email address, phone number, address.
By joining a BAIS and Budapest Hikers event, you acknowledge that you are responsible for your own actions and safety during the event. You declare that the organizers (including its activity leaders, legal representatives, volunteers, members and any other person associated with BAIS and Budapest Hikers) cannot be held liable for any loss, damages or expenses (whatsoever and irrespective of whether direct, indirect or consequential) caused by participation in the activity. These claims can be based on but not limited to: personal injury or death; property loss or damage; acts which may be construed as negligible or accidental; any other loss, damage, emotional stress suffered by you or any other person in relation to this activity booked via this website. By joining an event you are accepting responsibility for reading and understanding the event’s description beforehand and wearing appropriate clothing/footwear and equipment that may include clothing/footwear for inclement weather and ground conditions. You declare that you have been advised to obtain adequate travel and health insurance for all persons named on the booking.
Considering the current situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, you declare that you will only participate in the event/activity if your state of health allows it. You specifically declare that:
- You are aware of and acknowledge the dangers of the COVID-19 crisis.
- You do not suffer from any symptoms that are typically associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection (“COVID-19” disease/coronavirus) that is not due to a known cause and You have not had such a symptom in the last 14 days. (Typical symptoms associated with COVID-19 infection are dry cough, fever, difficulty breathing, headache, sore throat, limb pain, loss of smell and/or taste, nausea or vomiting, runny nose, diarrhoea, muscle or other body aches.)
- To the best of your knowledge, You are not infected with a coronavirus.
- To the best of your knowledge, You have not had contact in the past 14 days with a person who has been infected with a coronavirus or with a person who is under surveillance for a coronavirus.
Specific terms and conditions
- All participants must bring their valid passports or ID cards for the trip/hike.
- All participants must have valid health and accident insurance at least for the duration of the trip (from departure to arrival).
- During the hikes, the tour guides (activity leaders) must be followed to avoid the risk of accidents.
- The participation of a person under the influence of heavy alcohol or drugs in our events is strictly forbidden!
- All participants are obliged to inform the tour guides about their illnesses which may affect their participation in the hike or any medicines which may cause allergies.
- If the tour guides consider that the participant does not meet the above conditions, they have the right to exclude that person before starting the trip!
- The participant has the right and obligation to warn the violator of the hiking order, to report the detected irregularities, as well as the damage and pollution to the Board of Budapest Association for International Sports.
- BAIS and Budapest Hikers trips are eco-friendly! Everyone is obliged to leave no trash along the hiking trail and to place the trash and other waste in the dedicated rubbish bins. The participant should consider his/her duty to protect the natural environment.
- During the trip photos and videos will be taken that can be published on the website and social media channels of BAIS and Budapest Hikers. The participant should acknowledge that these photos could be used by BAIS and Budapest Hikers for the purposes of event promotion.
- Everyone participates in the hiking trip voluntarily and at his/her own risk.
Cancellations & Refunds
We offer a refund of the purchased ticket if the event is cancelled by the organizers due to unforeseen circumstances such as extremely bad weather conditions or restrictions linked to global pandemics or any other vis major events. Please note that rainy or windy weather alone does not classify as bad weather, therefore if the tour guides (activity leaders) decide to lead the hike, no refunds will be made to those not present or cancelling their participation due to the weather conditions.
We don’t offer refunds if a participant cancels their participation in an event and the hike is not cancelled by the organizers. In such cases, the ticket can be resold, but the ticket holder has to notify the BAIS and Budapest Hikers teams in advance.
If you do need to cancel your attendance or will be sending an alternate person in your place to an event for any reason (for which there is no additional charge), then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You buy as a private individual on our Website. We cannot currently offer company purchases through our Website. This means we are not able to alter the invoice, add your VAT number to the invoice, nor offer reverse charged VAT on our invoices.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
The organizers reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions. Any future bookings you may make will be made subject to the Terms and Conditions which apply at the time a booking is made and you are advised to read all the Terms and Conditions carefully on each occasion prior to making a booking.